123Group - Privacy and Cookies Policy
The purpose of this Privacy and Cookies Policy is to set out how we use personal information that we may obtain about you. By registering for any services or information provided by 123Send or 123Hire on this website, by using the 123Send / 123Hire website generally or by contacting us by post, fax or telephone, you agree to this use.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is 123Send Limited.
1. Information we collect
When you request information from 123Send, use this website or register for services, you will be asked to provide us with information. This will include information such as:
- your name, address and other contacts details.
- profile or preferences you provide to us.
- Payments details such as card details when you make payments and the related purchase information.
Information that you give us may be supplemented with information available to us from other sources such as address checking services, screening data against preference services, geodemographic/lifestyle databases and standard industry classification information for profiling purpose.
We may also collect and process the following information about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on this website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use this website, for the purchase of products and/or services, posting material, raising quotes, general enquiries or requesting further services.
- We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with this website or regarding the products and/or services provided by us.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of any contracts we enter into with you and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to this website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
With regard to each of your visits to this website we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full uniform resource locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from this website (including date and time); page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
We may collect this information for system administration, to report aggregated information to our advertisers or otherwise in accordance with this Privacy and Cookies Policy. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
2. How we use your information
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties unrelated to 123Send or 123Hire for the purposes of marketing.
We may however use the information you give us for the following purposes:
- to register you with our website and to administer our website services.
- to provide you with services and information that you have requested about 123Send or 123Hire (e.g. information about products or services).
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
- for assessment and analysis (e.g. market, customer, information and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the services which we offer and to enable us to provide you with information about 123Send or 123Hire which we believe will closely match your preferences.
We may keep you informed of such services (including products, special offers, discounts, competitions and newsletters) by using the following methods:
- mobile messaging
If you do not wish to receive information about 123Send, please:
- Tick the opt-out box on relevant forms.
- Click the unsubscribe box when receiving emails from us.
If you do not wish to receive such information, all you need to do is write to let us know. If you wish to receive details of personal data held about you by us, you may write to request this – there is a fee for this service.
To assist your navigation of the 123Send website and our prevention of fraud we may send "cookies" from our web site to your computer. Cookies are tiny text files stored on your computer when you visit certain web pages. You may choose to disallow "cookies" via your browser but our web site may not work properly as a result.
Here's a list of the main cookies we use, and what we use them for.
Content Management System
This cookie is essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as acessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provided.
N/A (session cookie)
These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website,for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don't collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
_utma 2 years (persistent)
We use both "session" cookies and "persistent" cookies on our websites. We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website; and to monitor user behaviour for statistical and marketing purposes. We will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognise you when you visit; session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Third Party Cookies
These are placed on your computer by other domains that are not “123send”. Third party cookies allow us to show ads to you that contain products we think are relevant to you based on how you used our website before. This is commonly known as remarketing. 123Send uses Google AdWords remarketing to display advertisements to visitors who have previously visited our site when those visitors go to other websites that have the Google Display Network implemented.
123Send uses Google Analytics and Google Adwords to track users on our website.
By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
We may disclose information about you to any of our employees, officers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes as set out in Privacy and Cookies Policy.
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
- to our analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website;
- to our business partners or suppliers, for the performance of any contract we enter into with you and in order to provide you with the products and/or services that you order from us;
- to advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users;
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk;
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; or
- if 123 Send Limited / 123Hire Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers may be one of the transferred assets.
Except as provided in this Privacy and Cookies Policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
5. Security of your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our business partners or suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfillment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy and Cookies Policy.
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure password and firewall protected servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password.
6. Policy amendments
We may update this Privacy and Cookies Policy from time-to-time by posting a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes.
7. Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00).
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.
8. Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
9. Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
If you have any questions about this Privacy and Cookies Policy or our treatment of your personal data, please write to us by email to email@example.com or call us on 0800 54 23 123.
v 8188186.2 January 2015